Every so often I like to post about my status on the 101 in 1001 list, mostly for myself so I can feel like I’m progressing. It just makes me feel better that I am working toward achieving the goals that I set for myself. So, without further ado, here’s where I am with the list.
1. Send a secret to Post Secret. — Okay, so I haven’t done this yet, but I’ve thought about it A LOT. Does that count for anything? I’ve got about 4 secrets that I’d like to send out, but I’m still thinking about how to transform those secrets into a postcard. I can’t wait! I might send one out when I’m home on leave, just to see what it feels like.
5. Blog at least three times a week. — I’ve got this one down pat, and have even thought about crossing it off, but I figure it’s best if I leave it until the end, or until I just get tired of looking at it and cross it off. I do enjoy the blogging and I think my family appreciates the little updates that it provides.
6. Participate in the 26 things project. — Currently, at this very moment, I’ve got 15 of the 26 things and I’m starting to really, really think about the last several items. I want to get them knocked out, but a few of them are a little tricky. I really don’t know how I’m how I’m going to photograph “train,” seeing as I’m on a military post in Kosovo and there not any trains…I’m going to have to get creative.
21. Write or rework at least 25 new poems. (1/25) [1:Digressions, 08APR07] — YAY! I finally found inspiration last night and actually wrote something somewhat decent. I need to write more at home, on my personal laptop, just for me. I think it helps me to sort out all the crazy thoughts in my head.
25. Create a list of my top 50 all-time favorite books and start rereading them. — What’s exciting about this one, is that I have several of these books in my room here at Bondsteel, but, the nonexciting part is that I’ve got so many books to read it’s not even funny. Hopefully, on that blasted 9 hour flight back to the states that I’ll be taking in a few weeks, I’ll get some reading done.
38. Have a savings account containing at least $10,000. — I’m still over the half way mark on this, but still not there.
43. Stay a size 4. — I think right now I might be barely a four, but I think it has to do with my legs and butt getting bigger due to working out. It’s just not fair – the more in shape I get, the bigger I get, which is stupid. I went to basic training weighing about 116 pounds; I came out of basic training weighing about 136 pounds. Life just isn’t fair.
45. Learn to cook at least five really great meals. — I spent the last half of the week looking up recipes for things to cook. I miss cooking so much and really just want to spend a day baking cookies, and bread, and brownies, and cupcakes. Especially cupcakes. Maybe I’ll get to cook some when I’m home on leave, or at least I hope so.
46. Make a list of at least 25 songs that mean the world to me, then blog about each one. — I’ve got two out of twenty-five so far, which isn’t bad considering I still a long time left. It’s just a matter of finding the motivation to actually listen to a song and write out how I feel about it – maybe I’ll try and get another one out this week, we’ll see.
55. Learn to be comfortable showing my stomach. — I do love it. I’m not going to lie; despite all the cookies I eat at work I do work my abs every time I go to the gym, at best five times a week. I think I could show my tummy and be comfortable with it, although I think the real test will be when I go home on leave.
67. Exercise at least four times a week. — I totally went to the gym five times last week. That’s like the first time we’ve ever done that, and I’m super excited about it. I think tonight we might actually run outside.
88. Donate at least $100 to charity. — I think I’m going to give $25 to four different charities. I think I like that idea. I like the idea of spreading out my money. I think I want to donate to wolf charity, a wild horse charity, a suicide prevention charity and a women’s charity. I’m still looking for the right charities, but I think this one will get crossed off pretty soon.
91. Stop taking my anger out on the ones I love. — I hope I’ve made progress, I’ve tried, at least, so I think that’s a good thing. I had a bad week, but I think I’ve tried…
94. Read at least 15 banned books. — I’m on book number two. I love this banned book thing – it rocks!
Okay – so I’ve made progress. I can feel better about myself. Yay for me!